August 13, 2014

the weekend, in images.....

Hello friends! I hope you have been well. It has been a very busy week, I'll update you more on that soon! But it is late, and I have to rise early, so here are a few images from our little getaway to Parksville this past weekend. It really is an awesome place to take the family.

 One of the most amazing kites I've seen. It was mesmerizing.

Rathtrevor Beach - definitely a highlight from the trip.
 When the tide is out, Rathrevor's beautiful soft sand stretches out forever, well, obviously not forever, but you know what I mean. It's stunning. You can do a lot of baywatch running. 

Sand sculptors working their magic at the sandcastle competition. It put ours a little to shame, although, not to brag, but we did have a moat, as all good sand sculptures do. I don't see one here, just sayin'. 
 Our friends watched our little gal, giving the hubby & I an hour to run together through Rathtrevor Provincial Park. It was one of the most stunning spots I've ever ran - with trails weaving through the woods and along the waterfront. 
 The playground at Parksville Community Park is one of the biggest I've seen. It was a huge hit with the kiddos. 
 I'm already planning the wedding.
Morningstar Farm, one of my favourite spots to visit because they just let you walk around this amazing, working farm. We saw cows that were only two days old and got to feed goats, sheep and bunnies. Hey, maybe they were secretly putting us to work.

 tending to their property.

Heading home on the closest thing we have come to a cruise ship - good ol BC Ferries. 
xoxo

No comments: