January 29, 2015

29/365

Hello friends! It's been a very busy week...we made an offer on a home, that ended up going to someone else whom I shall furthermore refer to as lucky bastards. And although my hubby told me not to get to attached too quickly during the process,  I had already moved in, in my mind, and was so over the top excited to set it up and make it our own. I had already started to look at furniture (online). So ya, I got 100% attached to it, pretty much as soon as I walked through it. But I couldn't imagine making an offer on a place that I wasn't 100% excited about.
What kinds of qualities do you look for in a new home? Our new list includes a beautiful neighbourhood, quiet street, close to good schools...and for the house, I'd love an open floor plan, lots of natural light streaming in, a decent sized yard (ie - enough grass to play, but not so much that I need a ride-em mower), three bedrooms, two bathrooms, a rec room for our daughter.....so we'll see what we find. I'm just excited by the idea of exploring a new neighbourhood, having more room to entertain our friends (Is it just me, or do you sometimes find the expression room for entertaining a little funny? I mean, we're not actually "entertaining" them....like with a tap routine or performing showtunes ). Anyways, I'll let you know if we find our next home. All I know is that it's given me something to feel hopeful/excited about, which I've been very grateful for these days. xoxo

No comments: