January 1, 2015

Happy New Year!!

Happy 2015!! I hope you had an amazing New Year's celebration! We had the best time ringing in the new year on picturesque Pender Island with friends we love so thoroughly. As we hiked in the fresh crisp winter sun, skipping rocks in the ocean, walking on logs and swapping funny stories, I knew that there was nowhere I'd rather be. I feel like these people just refuelled my tank. I think all of the fresh air, the stunning scenery, the amazing conversations and giant laughs have seriously added years to my life. We were dancing around, cooking a giant New Years dinner, all huddled in the kitchen, and one of my friends turned to me and said, isn't this just the best? It really was. After dinner, we all bundled up and roasted marshmallows over the bonfire. Then, once the kids were tucked in, we sat out by the fire, sang cheesy songs from our teenage years, sipped delicious wine and laughed our way into the new year. I couldn't have asked for a better start to 2015. Is there anything better than friends who are an extension of your family? Happy New Year lovelies!! xoxo

No comments: