October 12, 2015

Thankful

Thankful for falling asleep every night holding hands with my favourite person. Thankful for having this daughter who is my life's greatest gift - whose very presence elevated my heart off the ground this year, when I didn't think it was possible. Thankful for my legion of friends who are spectacular as individuals and unstoppable as a village of healers: every check in, every shared laugh, every delicious meal together, every new adventure was momentous. Thankful to my relatives who sat with us, day in, day out, in hospitals, in appointments, in hospice, in grief. They are the most beautiful collection of souls, and I am privileged to be part of this family. I am thankful for nature and its ability to transcend my spirits to dizzying heights. I am thankful for my health and for each day that I get to share with my loves. I am thankful that I measure my wealth in the quality of my relationships instead of my bank account, and that I will always be overwhelmingly rich because of the people I surround myself with. I am thankful for the staggering grief I feel because it reminds me every day of the depth of love I shared with my mom. I am thankful for every morning my daughter wakes me up with a stuffed animal to hug. I am thankful for every memory that visits me like an old friend. I am thankful for every brilliant book that I can't put down, for every song that motivates me to move, for every talented comedian who just gets it, for the first cup of coffee in the morning, for netflix. I am thankful for it all. The good, the bad and the ugly because all of it is life. And if it was always great, we wouldn't really appreciate it. Trust me, I've never been more thankful than I have this year because I've never been more motivated to seek out gratitude. Thank you to each person who takes a moment to read this blog - sincerely. You have no idea how much I appreciate it.
Thank you. xoxo

No comments: